As its name implies, a tankless water heater system brings hot water to your home without using a tank. Instead, water circulates through a heat exchange, which raises its temperature before passing it on to your faucet. That saves energy since it only heats the water you need it. It also tends to make tankless water heaters smaller than traditional tanked water heaters, which means they take up less space. A tankless water heater in Alexandria, VA, can help you maintain an efficient home, saving you money on hot water costs without skimping on little luxuries like long showers.
What does a tankless water heater installation process entail? Specifics vary according to make and model, but the general steps are usually as follows:
- You and your installer will discuss what the hot water requirements are for your home and select a model that fits both your water usage and your budget.
- You and the installing technician determine the best location in your house for the tankless heater, according to your wishes and needs. Local building codes may apply.
- The technician shuts off water to the house, then disconnects the old water heater from the water supply. The process is then repeated with the old water heater’s source of energy (usually gas or electricity).
- The old water heater is removed and properly disposed of according to local ordinances.
- The tankless water heater is mounted to the wall or otherwise secured firmly to the spot you and your technician have decided upon. The tech will then connect it to the water supply and hook it up to the heat source. This can be complicated because different types of water heaters will have different set-ups – only a trained technician is qualified to perform the installation.
- The technician will then test the water heater and verify all connections are secure.
If you’re considering tankless water heater installation for your home call upon the experts at OASIS Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, Inc. We’ve served the Alexandria, VA area for over fifteen years, and our technicians have the expertise to install your water heater quickly and professionally. Set up an appointment today.